Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course can benefit almost every diver because different boats in different parts of the world do things differently.
- Course materials
- 2 dives
- Learn the tips, tricks and ways to dive from boats ranging from small inflatables to giant live-aboards :
- How they differ from place to place
- Gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area Safely enter and exit the water : sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder
- Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
- Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives.
- Locate basic boat safety equipment
Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask us about earning credit.
To enrol in the PADI Boat Diver Course you must be;
- Registered in an Open Water Diver Course, you can complete the Boat Diver training at the same time!
- In good physical health (medical clearance may be required)
All standard SCUBA equipment is required, including
- Mask, snorkel, fins*
- Regulator (with alternate air source and gauges)
- Dive Computer
- Weight system
- At least one audible emergency signalling device
- Exposure protection suitable for the environment.
Full equipment rental packages are available for an additional fee.
*We recommend that each diver has at a minimum their own mask and snorkel.